Fertility Network UK
13,122 members21,233 posts

Fertility after laparoscopy and hysteroscopy

Hi, been thinking about the next steps after my upcoming op, I've read that you are more fertile afterwards and that there have been a lot of successful pregnancies this way. Does anyone know if this is true? My consultant said we would be fine to try straight away but I guess this depends on what he does during the op and whether I will need time to heal.

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi hun, I had a lap last year in October and was given 3 months to try naturally before we started treatment and I didn't conceive. I am now going through ivf. But everyone is different so you may be a lucky one! Good luck xx

1 like

I think that for some people it is true, but you have to acknowledge that fact that lots of women are getting diagnosed with unexplained infertility. but yeah, fertility treatment usually boosts fertility so there have been numerous cases of women...

Hi Becky31. Yes, this can be true. It is greatly believed that when you have a hysteroscopy , which includes taking a biopsy of the womb lining, it promotes a healing reaction that can sometimes help aid implantation of a developing embryo -...

You may also like...