After 2 scans and 2 MRI's it's confirmed that I have a cyst on my left ovary that needs removing so I'm having Laparoscopy I didn't want this
I have my Pre-Op on the 21st and I'm just completely freaking out... I've never had GA or any type of operation before. I hate needles and I'm just so so so freaking out right now.
To be honest, I'm freaking out more over the needles and blood tests than I am the actual surgery, because I know for the surgery I will be asleep.
Can anyone run me through exactly what happens at the pre-op and then on surgery day? The letter said they may be taking bloods at the pre-op and I hate having that done! Is it ok to use EMLA cream? I heard that helps but I've never tried it?
Surgery, I honestly have no clue, but my mum had an operation a few years ago but it was for something different but she said that they took her blood before the surgery as well as at the pre-op ...... What?!?
Can someone please shed some light on the subject for me pleasee ?
1. Do they take blood at the pre-op and the day of the surgery?
2. Am I allowed to use EMLA cream? - how long does this take to work? and does it actually work?
3. Can I have the gas GA instead of the injected one?
4. What else happens at the pre-op and before the surgery?
5. Are the staff nice when you're a nervous millennial snowflake (haha)? - I'm worried they're going to get frustrated with me
I hate all this... Anxiety is the worst! I wish they would just knock me out for all of it!
Thank you for letting me release my feelings on here Any help would be greatly appreciated