Endometriosis UK
40,624 members34,782 posts

Weight loss

Hello

I'm curious to find if anyone else has lost weight due to endo? I see a lot of women gaining weight but I've lost over 2 stone and cant eat the same anymore my portion sizes are tiny. To not lose anymore weight I do have a habit of eating sweets treats on a night because I love them and I dont want to lose anymore weight. Does anyone know how to gain weight on an endo diet?

11 Replies
oldestnewest

I was really not well with my symptoms from around September and couldn’t stop losing weight either. When I felt up to it I managed to eat normally but most of the time had absolutely no appetite. Again like you I found myself eating lots of ‘naughty’ things to compensate which I imagine contributed to making me feel worse. I don’t have any tips so would be interested in others comments too. I’m just recovering from my lap and ablation so hoping to put on some weight once I’ve recovered properly.

1 like

Hi. For me, I think it’s mainly weight loss due to stress combined with being on the anti inflammatory diet (which, alone wouldn’t account for all the kilos lost). Sugar is a big no no so if you feel pain afterwards or a couple of hours after, it might be from the sweets, sorry 😞 My own pain trigger is alcohol 😱😭😭. The point is the most important thing is to eat and live a healthy lifestyle, on a good diet that cut the crap out but ensures you have all food groups and sufficient nutrients; if you do then I might think that you are reaching your baseline weight for which you were built? If you are very worried, maybe a blood test to check it all might be helpful to see if there is anything going on?

1 like

I do tend to have sweets but dont feel much different than usual (I dont know if thats denial or not haha) I tend to feel worse when I eat lots 😭 I dont actually drink alchol never really liked it hahah 😂 I think I have a healthy lifestyle I mean I could have a healthier breakfast swap out my honey flakes for salmon and rice cakes 🤔 Also I do have less than a handful of sweets nearly every night 😂 Apart from them I have salads and healthy teas 😮 Cutting out gluten has helped but I do get nausea every week some weeks I'm almost nausea free though I think the stress of that has burnt it off and the fact I cant eat much anymore 😮 I did at the start have lots of blood tests for celiac crohns Etc 😮 My doctor actually thought I was bulmic 🤦🏼‍♀️ I'm a perfect bmi I just dont want to lose anymore when I cut out sweet stuff 😮

Hi huni,

I too have lost a lot of weight recently! I was sick of people at work commenting on it!!!

Anyway, I am the same as you- I have very little appetite most of the time. The only thing I’ve found that helps is to have little portions of what u would normally eat and I know people will think this wrong but eat what you fancy! Even if it is ‘naughty’. I’m a great believer that your body will crave what it needs! Might not be a long term thing but at least until u feel like eating better!

I used to go to the gym most days I was off, run 9 mile runs and now I barely go to the gym and never go for a run! It’s so sad as I love running but the pain was getting to bad!

Feel for you! Big hugs!

X

2 likes

Oh no 😮 I've tried to eat in small portions I need to try again 🤔 Aww I do have a sweet treat every night 😉 I attempted to go to the gym because apparently it helps endo but I've developed exercise endo so that adds on top of my pain hahaha 😮 I hope you find somethinb that helps you more 😮 Big hugs back thanks for the reply xxx

1 like

Yip it’s just a bit of a vicious circle!! Once the warmer weather kicks in I’m going to just try walking instead of running!! Least it’ll get me out in the fresh air!! 💕

1 like

Have fun 😉💞

Im the same. I struggled with my weight for years before diagnosis and have since treatment didnt work. I, like you thought i could maintain weight by snacking. I actually find the opposite. The healthier i eat the better my weight is! Xx

1 like

Thank you I do eat healthy and dont snack a lot but my body is actually used to eating something at night and I always turn to chocolate because I'm too lazy to make something and fruit doesnt fill me up 😮 Xx

I have lost a stone and can’t put it back on! I don’t eat like I used to smaller portion sizes! Have cakes and sweets nothing puts it back on me! A lot of time I am in so much pain I don’t even feel like eating x

1 like

I'm glad I'm not the only one 😮 I do enjoy eating I just hate myself after 😭 X

1 like

You may also like...