Endometriosis UK
34,702 members30,952 posts

Post op excision of endometriosis and had mirena inserted, still bleeding and experiencing pain

Hi guys, I was wondering if I could pick your brains. I had excision of rectovaginal endo, rectal shaving and insertion of mirena 6 weeks ago. They couldn't excise all of the endo as it has spread into the rectal margin and would affect my continence. I had been having zoladex beforehand (which was the most amazing stuff, well worth the hot flushes) and was waiting for my first period. I have now been bleeding for over 2 weeks and it's really crampy. In addition to this, I can't wear anything tight around my middle as it causes me quite a lot of abdominal pain. Has anyone experienced something similar? I would really appreciate hearing about them, and if the symptoms settled down at all.

2 Replies
oldestnewest

Hello,

Am I right in thinking Zolodex is the same as Prostap? The injection they give you that puts you into temporary menopause?

If yes, then I can only comment on my experience of my first period after having those injections for 6 months.

My period returned 2 months after I had my last injection, it lasted 13 days and was a little less clotty, but still super painful, felt like I had been pierced with an iron rod up my bum and into my womb!

Now I haven't had surgery yet to remove my endo, that comes on Tuesday so I can only comment on my first period after Prostap.

I hope this helps in some way, sorry I couldn't be any more help.

I'm sure somebody soon will come along xxx

1 like

Zoladex is amazing!. But I took it for too many years, changed my brain with a depression. The coil I tried but only for 2 weeks as I became very ill, but for some this can work well. A swollen tummy is normal with Endo, Ponstan 40 or other tablets can help with inflammation. Belladona I use for cramps. My best Joy x

1 like

You may also like...