Anyone had mefenamic acid?

My doctor prescribed me this pain relief while I go through a bunch of tests, but I took two yesterday (at two separate times) and ever since I've been so nauseous, I've had about two hours of sleep last night/ this morning because the whole time I felt like I was on a boat and every time I was just about to drift off I felt like I was going to die.

It makes the abdominal pain go away for a few hours, but has left me feeling more faint than before, and my bleeding is so much more but not sure if that's just a coincidence. I'm scared to take them again because this is worse than the stomach ache.

Just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience.

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi there! I'm also on mefenamic acid and i know how you feel. Although i don't feel nauseous on it i understand the boat feeling your talking about and the sense of doom, i get quite emotional. It should actually help lessen your bleeding so i would probably go back to your doctor and have a chat about it or ring up the out of hours doctors.

• I honestly feel like I'm about to drop at any moment, I feel faint most days but I ignore it and take a few breaks but even lying down and breathing is making me feel like I'm about to pass out 😩 I didn't know that about the bleeding, it's gone from like period like bleeding (though I'm not on my period) yesterday, to like constant right now so that's probably not good

• Do you think feeling faint is related to the tablets or to your endo? I get lightheaded and occasional breathlessness and i always think it's related to endo, i think being in pain takes it's toll on your body, especially when doing any intense exercising i feel like i'm going to faint and get very nauseous!

• Hey,

I have taken mefanamic tablets and I had no bad side effects although I didn't really think they helped much with the pain?

Are you taking them with meals/food? I know that they are quite strong and you should be taking with a meal and keeping well hydrated. If not perhaps that could be causing your side effects?

If you carry on feeling that way taking them then I would go see your dr for some other pain relief. There's nothing worse than nausea! I feel for you

Hope you're feeling better soon. Xx

• I was prescribed it for years but I now just use ibuprofen instead as the MA gave me a bad stomach. Not nice!

You may also like...