Weight Issues

Hey all, so I'm struggling with my weight here. I'm now strictly gluten free due to endo, and although it seems like I eat a lot, I'm underweight for my height and age (19, 167cm and about 48kg). I'm really struggling with how to remain 'healthy' as my fiance tells me I'm very light and I often feel weak. I'm on vitamins, but I just don't want to eat more and gain unhealthy weight, and I work out with weights often, but I just don't feel like this is enough. Sorry, bit of an info dump there, but any advice would be appreciated! xx

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'm also underweight and have never been able to gain weight anywhere but in my hips and breasts. I heard it has to do with the hormone production from endometriosis and that endometriosis actually has an effect on BMI from the liver.

• My weight goes to my face and stomach, but it's hard to tell the difference between that and bloat. Idk I'm just finding it really hard to get a balance, though doctors don't seem to think it's an issue, though I have 0 energy and am very unfit

• Have you been tested for anemia?

• Nope, haven't been tested for anything in a long while and my next appointment is in March because it's the only time I'm free! I was told that I was skinny but the nurse said nothing to worry about, though she also said I can feel everything in my bowels through my stomach!

• It may not be the weight side of things, I felt like that when I was anaemic. I am slightly shorter than you and about 45/46kg and now that the anaemia is being properly treated (massive tablets from dr) I feel much better. I have been taking the iron tablets for the last 2 years and that seems to have finally stabilised my iron and I have more energy and don't feel so 'weak'.

• Yeah I'm feeling better since taking wellwoman, it's just hard to find gluten free things to eat on a budget and I've had stomach bugs and other illnesses for weeks. Hopefully now I've started eating properly again I should be back on track x

• Hey don't worry about being underweight cos I've been underweight all my life. Although now I suffer from IBS which causes more weight loss but if I stick to foods that I can eat I'll be ok.... just be lucky that you can't put on weight easily unlike others that ate finding it hard to lose weight....

I weigh about 6,40 super light. just the way that I'm born and I can't force myself to eat only when I get hungry altho at the minute I'm feeling sick so I'm not sure what the cause of that is. if I still feel like this then will go back to Dr's and see what they say.

You may also like...