Total Hyst, best HRT??

Hi, I had hyst 2 years ago and gynae put me on Estrogel. After a while I found it very messy and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and thought hormones might be making me worse. GP put me back on Livial.

I have horrible side effects so keep stopping and starting it and my general health is far worse. My GP seems clueless about HRT and I have just read that Livial stimulates progesterone and testosterone. I have bad bloating and big black hairs growing out of my chin!

I am gong to ask for a new transdermal HRT and wondered if anyone has tried patches??

Thanks.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi have you tried tablet form of hrt apart from the livial.

I'm on Elleste solo which has helped so much. You can start with a really low dose and increase if you need to until you find what is right for you.

• hi, yes did try that one and it didn't agree with me, thanks for the reply though!

• Hi. I'm now on tablets kliovance that finally work for me. They were prescribed by menopause clinic - there are a few around the country but you need to see if one near you as GP's generally don't know about them and then you can be referred.

As to Patches, I was on evorel Conti and it worked for me but I just didn't like patches and I found them annoying so much prefer the tablet. I've not been on it long enough to know if has any adverse affects on endo!! I had hyster and BSO in Feb 2015

• Hi. I'm interested in this as having hysterectomy two weeks today. Due to family history of osteoporosis it's essential I take hrt. I too have fibro which they believe was triggered by the trauma of my last op, which was much longer than planned.

X

You may also like...