Zoladex Injections

I was just recently diagnosed with endometriosis. I'm 19 years old and will be starting zoladex in three days. I'll be on it for six months and then have robotic laparscopy to remove growths. I'm just worried about starting the zoladex. I go to college two hours away from my doctor and am not often able to go home due to marching band so I'll have to do my own Injections or find another doctor there. Looking for any tips or advice and experience with this medication!! Thankyou I'm advance 😊

6 Replies

• Hi I don't want to alarm you but it is against nhs guidelines for anyone under the age of 23 to be given Zoladex. This is due to the risk of bone density loss. You don't reach max bone density till about the age of 30. Please search on here for a lady called Lindle and ask her what you can do about the situation.

• I started on Zotalex when I was 20, I'm 21 now and just had my last injection after 9 months. It worked really well for me for 3 weeks, out of the 4 weeks in the month, my cramping came back the last week - like my body knew it was ready for its next one. The only other thing I would point out, is that I suffered from awful hot flushes, to the point it made me feel nauseous I was that hot, and couldn't sent l cool down.. Apart from that, it seemed to work, as I said, I was pain free most of the time, and haven't bled for 9 months - which is great as I have an active lifestyle!

Hope everything goes well for you x x x

• Hi Jess did you gain weight on the injections or any mood changes?

• I didn't notice any weight change, no.. I got mood swings in the last week of the month, before my next injection, but they weren't terrible, I was more just irritated at everything!

• I have been on these injections now for 7 months and I have found them fab, like jess2303 I found that going into the 4th week I get pelvic and back pain which effects my legs. I didn't have many hot flushes but when they came it made me feel really nauseous but I found the night sweats and mood swings the worst. But I would still choose this over the pain of endometriosis.

• Thankyou so much!! These responses have made me feel better :)

You may also like...