Fatigue - endo or CFS?

Hello, I have been refered to gynaecology for a diagnostic lap for suspected endo. However over the last 6months my fatigue has become unbearable. I am wondering if this is a symptom of endo or if it's more likely to be CFS? I am so tired at times that every time I blink it's a struggle to open my eyes, no matter how much rest I get I am still exhausted. After a strenuous day I really suffer the next day, feeling weak and exhausted. my endo pain is not so bad just now due to having an IUD fitted and then removed a month later (as it increased the pain) I haven't had a proper period since so I think it has messed up my cycle a little, however the daily fatigue Is taking over my life. I am a gardener so can't keep taking days off but struggle to function never mind work. I am reluctant to go back to my GP with yet another symptom as they must think I am a hypochondriac

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi, exhaustion is a symtom of endo, but I would go back to the gp and ask for a blood test, you could be low in something ie, iron, vit C ,

You are not a hypochondria, you are ill, and that's why we have GPS,

Good luck, xx

• You're not a hypochondriac, fatigue is very common, especially when you get to the stage that surgery is required. I would recommend following the Endo diet (see Endo resolved website) and take a really good multivitamin like maybe multibionta. That should help you feel more energetic.

• HI,

As the others have said it is a symptom. I have only just started having that symptom this year.

After flying back from NZ, I just kept thinking my jet lag was taking a long time to go!

I can understand where you're coming from, because although I am not massively fit, I am not lazy, but that is how it has felt.

In the last 9 weeks, due to extreme pain during periods, I have followed the diet for endo as recommended by Dr Lara Briden.

She is a world leading Naturopath doctor for period health.

She has a great book, The Period Repair Manual, which is only about £7 on Amazon Prime.

I have already had good success with the diet/supplements she says to take, although she says it can take some patients up to a year. She has treated thousands of women, successfully.

If you are interested in trying this, I suggest her book, or look up on line her website or facebook page - but the book has all the details you need for diet and supplements.

If you need help with the food side, menus or recipes, pelase do let me know as I think that side is the hardest thing for people - thinking what do I actually eat?

But, I eat very well and have lovely food, even without gluten or dairy - Goat milk, yoghurt and cheese, as these are not dairy.

Hope that helps.

Lisa

• Thank you very much for the replies. I will look up the book you mentioned and give the endo diet a try

You may also like...