Is it normal for post op pain to start a week after op?

Hi girls,

I had excision surgery a week ago. My pain for the first 2-3 days was moderate and paracetamol was sufficient to keep me comfortable. After that apart from being extremely emotional the few days after that I have felt barely any pain and felt considerably well. Until yesterday. I now have pain and feel dizzy and more tired.

I understand recovery takes a while but it seems weird that it's happening a week post op?

They say listen to your body when deciding how much u can do but my bodies not telling me much and I don't want to over do it. X

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi

I only took 1 paracetamol after my excision surgery (my partner forced me to take it "just incase"). I was pain free for 3 weeks then after over doing it one day the pain started again. If I had my time over again I would have rested more even though I felt ok.

Give yourself more time x

• Do u think light housework, no hoovering or lifting and driving occasionally is over doing it? I don't want to do myself any damage and suffer more later xxx

• I would say if you don't have to do it, don't do it. Easier said than done I know. I had my mum looking after me doing the housework/ironing/drying my hair which was a god send.

My day "overdoing it" was a trip into town, lunch with my sister then a 2 hour drive. It was too much for me and in hindsight shouldn't have done it. We all heal differently but I do remember if I did too much I got very dizzy and tired, it's your body saying your over doing it x

• Thank you, I think my body telling me I'm over doing it then. I went to my sisters salon to get my hair washed yesterday and feel tired/dizzy today. Ohhhhhh I want to get on with things lol xxx

You may also like...