Progesterone tablet

Hi ladies went back to see my gyne yesterday I informed him other hormones iv taken in the past haven't suited me but as you all know hormones is the only med treatment for endo/adeno so he's suggested progesterone 5mg tablet but told me only to take half 2.5mg once a day this is the only one I haven't tried can any of you tell me how I might react to it ? Iv read the side affects like weight gain tiredness mood swings already have tiredness and mood swings anxiety are these tablets going to make this worse ? He's give me 2 months supply then iv gotta go bck and see him to ser how iv coped on the dose thanks ladies

10 Replies

• I'm on Cerazette which is a progesterone only pill and the only issue I have had so far is some irregular bleeding. If you give the tablets a try and they don't agree with you then you would be able to try something else - it's probably worth a try x

• Thank you for your reply mine isn't a conceptive pill its just progesterone called norethisteeone I took my first one last night yeah will see how I get on xxx

• Sorry its norethisterone

• Hi

I had those as well, for a while they worked really well but I think I just got used to them. They aren't like other hormone pills cos they never agreed with me either xx

• Hi thank you for the reply what dose did you take I'm just one 2.5mg once a day for 2 months till I go bck to gyne think he started me on a low dose to see how I react to them xx

• Hi I was on 3 a day anything less and I would bleed. They wanted me to lower the dose gradually but it didn't work. In the end the gp wouldn't continue to prescribe them until the gynea had said to

• So on one 2.5mg a day wonder if my periods would stop hormones haven't really helped in the past 3 yrs ago I had zoledex injection once a month for 3 months no periods still in pain gyne did another lap it had grew bck everywhere he was shocked !!! Xxx

• Did you get any weight gain ? X

• No I don't think so, I'm always bloated and I never noticed my weight changing much, but I don't weigh myself I just go by my clothes size

• Ok thank you xx

You may also like...