2 weeks post op and now an infection

2 weeks ago today I had an anterior and posterior prolapse repair along with sacro spinous fixation....it's been a really tough two weeks,incredibly painful and upsetting.

On Sunday I started to feel a lot worse with pain down there and difficulty going for a wee, by yesterday morning I was climbing the walls with the pain and for the first time ever managed to get an appointment with no questions asked at the surgery. I have an infection in the stitches and a bladder infection and have been told I need longer off work than previously thought.....and had all pain meds upped and given strong antibiotics to clear the infections.

Today I feel a million times worse, every time I move I want to throw up and just want the burning pain down below to go away.

Of all the ops/treatments I've had to treat the endo this one has been by far the worst and struggling to bounce back from it :-(

Sorry for the ramblings,feeling really down and fed up today :-(

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You poor thing. I recently had a pretty extensive op for frozen pelvis and a week later developed an infection with a roaring temperature. Luckily I got to see a doctor quickly and the antibiotics are working but I am supplementing with a really strong probiotic too. I keep them in he fridge and take on an empty stomach 2 hrs before the antibiotic. Send someone out to find a probiotic at a good healthfood shop that stores them in the fridge.

The antibiotics you are taking will take time to have an effect. I started taking mine on Saturday and today is the first day I feel a bit more human. The bladder and the bowel often get affected after surgery down there. Even though it's painful are you actually able to pass urine?

• Hi brownlow

Thank you for your reply I will send my hubby out in the morning to get me some probiotics. I'm managing to wee a little bit each time I go even though it's so painful and incredibly swollen down there. I ended up with a lot more stitches down there than they were expecting but I have to keep reminding myself that it's still early days and that I need to take it one step at a time.

Good luck with your recovery hope things start to pick up for you

Take care

You may also like...