Endometriosis UK
36,090 members32,060 posts

9 weeks post op and still struggling

Hi everyone this is my first time posting on here, I had my lap 9 weeks ago where endometriosis was removed from my bowl and both sides of my pelvis, adenomyosis was found in my uterus which couldn’t be removed.

I am still in loads of pain in my upper and lower tummy and I am constantly exhausted. Some days I’m okay but others I’m really struggling and have had to be signed off work for a total of 5 weeks all together now. Is this Normal?

I can’t keep going back to my consultant as he charges £190 a time to see him. I am just really struggling to cope, my quality of life is still rubbish and I’m beginning to feel really depressed.

I have another appointment with my consultant next month but I just want to know if this is normal?

Sorry I’m throwing myself a bit of a pitty party today.

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Huge hugs XXX that is a lot of surgery, especially if the bowel is involved. I had a similar op and was told 6 weeks was the minimum to be signed off but 12 was not uncommon. It actually has been 6 months for me and I'm just about to start a second attempt at going back to work after an unsuccessful attempt in November. But I went down with viral meningitis right after the op.

It all just takes time sweetie, be gentle with yourself xxx

1 like

Thank you so much for your reply, that has really reassured me! Being 19 I feel like I should be out with my friends but can’t. Sometimes I need to remind myself that I need to slow down and it’s okay not to be okay. Thanks again and I hope things are okay for you xx

You're welcome Lydia, I remember getting stressed at 12 weeks about it taking so long . You're unlucky to need such major surgery so young. I'm 42 and it's a tough thing to deal with at any age.

Thanks. Fingers crossed I will be alright this time, I just don't know if I'll make it as I've been left with chronic fatigue among other post op complications. The first time round I suffered weight loss (to the point of losing my hair) and anxiety attacks. I've regained a fair bit of the weight I've lost and work are now trying hard to help with a rehab lady supporting me, so I've a decent chance of success. If not I will just have to find a different path I guess.

1 like

It’s so horrible, I’m constantly exhausted too and it’s vile. Will pray for you and your recovery x

1 like

Thank you xx you too. Feel free to pm me anytime too.

Aw thank you, you too! Xx

You may also like...