zoladex

Hi! i had my 2nd zoladex just under a week ago.

i am getting hot flushes and my sleep pattern is a bit disturbed. I have no problems getting to sleep but i wake up about 4am then toss and turn (having had a hot flush or 3) then when my alarm goes off at 6.30 i feel like i have not sleep well then feel tired mid afternoon.

is this normal with zoladex, do i attempt a GP appt and HRT??

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Insomnia is one of the possible side effects - you could ask your GP about HRT, it should help and will certainly help with the hot flushes.

• I started having a prostap injection last month which I think is similar? I was prescribed HRT to go alongside it and (touch wood) I haven't had any bad side effects or hot flushes.. It would definitely be worth asking your gp for some hrt, especially to keep those hot flushes away! Xx

• I started having a prostap injection last month which I think is similar? I was prescribed HRT to go alongside it and (touch wood) I haven't had any bad side effects or hot flushes.. It would definitely be worth asking your gp for some hrt, especially to keep those hot flushes away! Xx

• About par for the course I am afraid. I have had 4 months now of zoladex injections and have not had a proper nights sleep since! One more month to go and then a hysterectomy. Why did the they not offer you add back HRT when you started the course? HRT Is not an option for me unfortunately as I have endometrisosis, hence the hysterectomy. Have you tried any alternative therapies like menopause supplements or sage tablets? Good luck.

• Hi Napril, i to have endo stage 4, HRT was mentioned by the consultant but she felt i would not need til near the end of my 3rd injection, i am 1 week post my 2nd!

I shall visit the GP :) thanks everyone

You may also like...