After surgery

Hi endo ladies I hope u can help me

It's a week after surgery of a total hysterectomy and bowel resection and the problem is that I don't seem to be able to push as if I was having a poo!

When I push to have a poo it seems like I'm pushing through my vagina I'm on lactose morning and evening to keep my motions soft xxx I just would like to know is this normal and have any of u ladies experienced this xxxx thank you xx

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • hi. I had my first lap almost 2 weeks ago. it took me 5 days before I was able to do a poo. i started to take laxative morning and night and it has eventually started to help but the feeling just hasnt been the same since the op. I like you think I am pushing but it doesnt feel like its in my bottom. I think if I hadnt done one by now I would probably check with my gp especially as you have had work on your bowel. wishing u a speedy recovery x

• I had my lap end of October and I was constipated for 8 days which is unheard of for me. I was taking lactulose, until the nurse at my gps said it takes 4-5 days to work properly! I even resorted to red wine as that usually works for me! I resorted to using Holland & Barrett Colon Cleanse which I used prior to my lap. It has softened my poo and i don't dresd visiting the loo anymore. I'm surprised that they post op they don't offer patients a suppository to aid in his area. My fear which I mentioned to the nurse was over straining and bursting the internal stitches. The thing I have noticed since post op is that when I need the loo I need to go immediately, this can be for poo or wee which worries me a little as I've never had to immediately. Just making sure I practice my pelvic floor often! Sorry if that's TMI! Hopefully it won't last too long for you xxx

• I had my lap end of October and I was constipated for 8 days which is unheard of for me. I was taking lactulose, until the nurse at my gps said it takes 4-5 days to work properly! I even resorted to red wine as that usually works for me! I resorted to using Holland & Barrett Colon Cleanse which I used prior to my lap. It has softened my poo and i don't dresd visiting the loo anymore. I'm surprised that they post op they don't offer patients a suppository to aid in his area. My fear which I mentioned to the nurse was over straining and bursting the internal stitches. The thing I have noticed since post op is that when I need the loo I need to go immediately, this can be for poo or wee which worries me a little as I've never had to immediately. Just making sure I practice my pelvic floor often! Sorry if that's TMI! Hopefully it won't last too long for you xxx

• I've had 5 laps and every time I get constipated, I usually have lactose or dark brown sugar in warm water usually helps, ur bowel will feel very tender coz theyve been moving it I hope it eases soon xx

You may also like...