After being admitted to hospital in July with a burst and bleeding cyst, and having countless blood tests, urine tests and scans every few weeks and being told "it's probably IBS" I finally have been referred to a gynae in hospital! The GP said I will likely need a Laparoscopy. My hospital appointment is in 3 weeks, my GP has been great and she booked me the appointment herself!
I do have a concern. Im a final year student nurse in uni and my course (obviously due to it's nature) doesn't allow me any time off to recover from the surgery.
I finish my course in June, I know know it's so far away but I really dont want the surgery until I've finished. I know it means being in constant pain but my education is so important to me and my family I dont want to drop out or defer my course.
I feel awful going to see a consultant and telling them I can't commit to finding out what's wrong after all this hassle and time do you think this will be a problem if I want to wait? The most time I have off at a time is 2 weeks and I work a very manual and busy job so I know I couldn't recover properly.