I have been following very low-carb.( 25 gm + - 5 gm max.) diet to resolve my blood sugar issue. Here are the results after three months on ketogenic diet:
1. HAPPINESS INDEX SCORE: Rose from 5/10 to 8/10.
2. PEAK AFTER-MEAL BS: Reduced from 225 to 135 max.
3. FASTING BS: Reduced from 121 to 104. ****
4. HBA1C: Reduced from 6.4% to 5.4%
5. BODY WEIGHT: Reduced from 79 kg to 66 kg.
6. ANY MEDICATION?: NO
7. OVERALL STABILITY: Few weeks in the beginning were indeed hard particularly because it was an extreme change for me - from 60% carb to 5% carb. But at the end I have a very stable feeling. No hunger pangs every two/three hours unlike in the past.
**** I do not think there is much improvement in the fasting BS because during home monitoring I have been getting varying readings from 104 to 120 on different days. It was just luck perhaps that on test day I got 104.
DIET: I followed non-vegetarian M.E.A.L plan:
M >> MEAT >> Chicken/Lamb/Bacon/Fish
E >>> EGGS
A >>> ADDED FATS >> Butter/Ghee/Olive oil/
L >>> LOW CARB VEGETABLES >> Net carb under 5 gm per 100 gm.
SNACKS: Walnut, Almond, Cheese, Yoghurt
In addition to the above I added following mid-way in the journey:
FLAX SEEDS, CHIA SEEDS AND PSYLLIUM HUSK.
WHAT NEXT: I feel that it would be quite hard to continue with such an extreme diet in the long run. Therefore, I have started adding more carbohydrate to my meal limiting to 100 gm max. As I love wheat, I thought one of the ancient varieties of wheat should be the right choice. Many on this forum have reported very good results on ShooterGeorge long wheat and therefore I have included long wheat (Emmer wheat) to my meal. As the peak post-meal BS was going too high on 65 gm LW, I have reduced the quantity to 40 gm and only once in a day. I plan to increase the quantity gradually depending on my blood sugar readings. I will post the results after 3 months.
Finally, I am thankful to all group members for continued encouragement and support.