My FBs is 139 and ppbs is 247 and Hb1Ac 7.1

my age is 44 , one year back my Hb1ac was 6.8 and fbs was 128 but after 1year my fbs is 139 and ppbs is 247 and hb1ac is 7.1.

i m taking the precaution in diet but i m not doing the morning walk since last 4 month due to laziness and due to cold weather.

want to know should i start the medicine for controlling the sugar.

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You have to be serious about your diabetes management.It is a difficult job but not impossible if you have determination.Almost all who are successful in controlling their diabetes are very disciplined regarding diet,exercise,lifestyle and medication.You should not let the present status to continue.

• Change diet by cutting down carbs, because diabetics cannot handle carbs.

Aim A1C of 5.6 or lower.

No medications will ever cover a bad diet.

if you want o achieve control by walking on high carb diet, you will have to walk 10km/day.

Choice is yours -- whether to walk or to change diet.

• FBS should be less than 100 mg/dL and PPBS 140 mg/dL. HbA1c should be less than 7. All your results are high. Low carbohydrate diet and daily exercise are more important than medicines.

Sources:--

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diabe...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerob...

• Low carbs would be. Like no Atta maids rice potatoes fried. Please specify. Thank

• Read as maida sorry

• gangadharan_nair

Sir. Concepts have changed with valid reasons.

1) fbs less than 100 but 80-85 preferably.

2) ppbs 140 means higher spikes. Bs should never exceed 140. even 1hr pp

3) a1c 7 = 157 average. Too high. Target is 5.6 or less

• You need medication immediately.

• thanks

• Don't go for medicine . You can control sugar level by changing your diet habit . Adopt low carb diet . Best luck.

You may also like...