Diabetes India
59,457 members10,830 posts

How to recuperate an injury with high blood sugar condition

Hello All,

I would like to seek your guidance on diabetic condition of my mother. Actually, two weeks back she met with a minor accident and wounded her left toe.

She has a diabetic history of high blood sugar (200+) and until now she has not recovered more over the wound has become worsen.

Doctor has recommended her few oral medicines plus Soframycin cream. I am not sure, if Soframycin is good enough or gives better results in this condition/situation. Please advice and let me know if there are better ointments available in the market other than Soframycin. Thank you - Brij.

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Keep the blood sugar low will help in quicker recovery

Brij2101981

2 likes

Sadly, unless her blood sugar comes down her recovery will be badly compromised.

2 likes

Please find out the blood circulation condition to limbs by colour doppler.In case the uncontrolled diabetese is from quite a long time,there is possibility of poor blood circulation(less oxygen supply) to limbs.I have heard and does not know the detail of a treatment called "Hyperberic Traetment" for healing wound.As I know, the treatment is with controlled oxygen supply to wound.Please find out and see whether it is useful.In Pune the treatment is available at Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital.

1 like

You may also like...