My diabetes

I was diagnosed on June 2015 at age 36. I was losing weight, had blurry vision( I thought due to excessive computer usage), polyuria, polyphagia. Still, I could not believe I had diabetes, because I wokred out everyday and did not gorge on starch. But, I lost about 10 kg in under a month and decided to test. My fasting b.g was 369 mg/dl and postprandial 514. I couldǹt believe the numbers and retested in another lab. It was true. I had diabetes. One thing I doǹt understand anyway is why I was losing weight so fast when my urine acetone test came in negative.

I undertook Siddha medication for diabetes, from Swami Gorakhnath in Paravur. Was having herbal medicine thrice a day. Also exercised twice a day. Food was strictly vegetarian,prioritizing certain vegetables. Fasting b.g came down to 100 in one month. I continued the medication for a few more months. Now, in June 2016, its been three months I had any medicine. I have a normal diet and my blood glucose is just fine. The fasting levels are in the 90s consistently. All the symptoms have disappeared. I believe type 2 diabetes can be brought into remission with prompt and aggressive therapy.

--

Cheers!

38 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations!!

• Kindly tell something more about herbal medicine and the diet you had followed and following

• It would differ with people. Only a doctor could prescribe. But, Ìve had powders of kaattujeerakam, madhumardana choornam etc.

• Give me details of doctor

• BRAVO ! You hit the nail on the head.

We all no Diabetes is a lifestyle disease.

Correcting or changing your lifestyle - by eating healthy and living an active lifestyle - one can control and prevent one's diabetes, as well as, or even better, then with medicines. Unfortunately we succumb to the Doctors advice but do not follow the advice to correct or change our lifestyle.

Get yourself checked off and on and follow your heart. Congratulations!

• Dear bro. Plz suggest medicine name now I m in Kolkata and facing same issue in last six months so kindly suggest

• Several medicines. But only a doctor should prescribe. What you can do is see a reputed siddha practitioner. Besides medicines, Ìve had success with turbulence training for fat-loss. Requires only a 15 kg dumbbell. Interval training is said to prioritize visceral fat. Its that kind of fat that really interferes with insulin signalling.

• Millet based breakfast. Brown rice for lunch and dinner. Cluster beans, Coccinia grandis, bitter gourd, snake gourd side dishes with lunch. Butter milk boiled with turmeric ( kaachi mooru). Gruel and green gram for dinner. Several herbal powders and amla juice+raw turmeric juice+Chittamruthu juice thrice a day. Was adviced to stay off all non-vegetarian and oily food while on medicine. A few months of this regime also cured my long-standing fatty liver.

• Congrats Dear. You made it. But would you pleas tell the medicinal care you have taken to achieve this ? It will be helpful to one and more. Thanks.

• Very good. Keep it up and keep off chemical drugs. But please check your blood glucose levels at home every other day And check your Hba1c every three months. That is only dependable proof. Occasional blood glucoe test may be deceptive and you mifht become complacent

• My last a1c is 5.6. It was 13.8 on diagnosis.

• Eat Drugs, if I understand correctly. Eat the modern and expensive one's till post marketing trials open up pandoras box like in case of pioz, actos and Avandia diabetes drugs. Only if one is alive to read the negative impact of such modern drugs would they know how horrible they actually were.

There are reports of invokana causing DKA even at normal sugar levels.

• Ìve taken a glucose tolerance test at home, and had fasting levels by 2 hours.

• ALL YR SYMPTOMS AND CONDITION MENTIONED BY YOU IS DUE TO YR HEAVY DIASBETES.IT IS GOOD THAT NOW YR BLOOD SUGAR IS UNDER CONTROL BUT DO NOT REMAIN IN OVERCONFIDENCE PL CHECK YR HB1AC REPORT EEVERY 3 MONTHS AND IT SHOULD BE BELOW 6. PL NOTE THAT DIABETES NEVER CURED IT IS KEPT UNDER CONTROL

• good.

• You were losing weight because you were peeing Sugar.

Ketones not there in URINE because you were/are highly insulin resistant. For ketones to appear in urine, your residual insulin levels have to drop to lowermost value of the lab range, for fat to start burning at a rapid rate.

Check your fasting insulin in lab.

• What is your HbA1c?

• 5.6 on last check.

• Good!

• Do you take normal diet?

• Yeah, normal diet now. Including non-veg. But, I doǹt go overboard.

• OK!

• Can you elaborate your treatment?

• Waiting for reply!

• Ok, I had herbal medicines(siddha)+veg reduced calorie diet+exercise .The siddha medicines were both to treat blood sugar and reduce bodyfat. The diet included vegetables that are traditionally favoured by diabetics - like bitter gourd, ivy gourd, turmeric etc. Exercise was interval training and strength training, with walking for a while after every meal.

• From where one can get Sidhha medicines?

• Its mainly practised in Tamil Nadu. I was lucky to find a good practitioner in Kerala, where I live.

• In UP?

• Yoùll have to search. Or I believe the Penquin series has a good book on the system. But, nothing like seeing a GOOD doctor in person.

• Then how one can go through treatment?

• Well, doǹt. :D

• you have improved your BS results. consistency pays. Good work.

Good diet with proper or may I say correct medications, exercise and weight training to build body muscles (as stated by Dr M.V Prasad) will give you the desired results. Congrats.

Can i ask you a favor? since I am from TVM, can you give me the address or phone number of the vaidhyasala Swami Gorakhnath in Paravur.

Good bless and keep good health.

• Nice, want to know more details {edited by admin to remove contact details]

• Kindly let me know the address of Swami Gorakhnath of Paravur. My mobile no. is 09815495084

• Contact him via 09744906687.

• My a1c after quitting medicine for 3 months is 5.10. Tested on 18/06/2015. Decreased from the previous testing. So, all is well :D

--

Cheers!

• Congrats kapilv . Are you observing any dietary restrictions now? Any exercise regime?

• I have normal food. I do exercise everyday. Weight training and some calisthenics.

You may also like...