In June 2015 - My blood sugar PP 581, and Fasting was 201, H1 AC was 16.1, I rushed to the doctor immediately the only symptom I was having was too much of thirst, he started me on Metformin, glimipride and voglibose, within 5-6 days sugar levels dropped down and it came to fasting 101 and PP 198, after a month the blood sugar was normal, ie fasting 100 and pp 148- I monitor my fasting blood sugar every day and still continuing on 500 mg - 2 times daily, my fasting blood sugar stay in between 100- 135 everyday, I have tried several things and came to conclusion what works best in high blood sugar for me ---
1. Baba ramdev --- medicine don't work at all.
2. Metformin- does works but only in situation when your diet is very low carb.
3. Glimipride- does works, and make your jittery and your muscles start cramping.
4. Voglibose--- just took it with the combination on other medicines, so it might have helped me at that time, doctor stopped glimipride and voglibose for me.
5. Exercise-- Waking on treadmill for 30 mins at the speed of miles/per hour, each time dropped my blood sugar approximately 20 points, so it works
6. Diet-- eating raw vegetable like spinach, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, broccoli, kale, and other green raw vegetable, and boiled eggs- dropped my blood sugar fasting 91 and PP 135 after 2 hours of eating. so I am continuing on this diet for last 3 months, that helps me a lot.
7. Methi seeds( Fenugreek Seeds)-- It works for me in dropping my fasting blood sugar by 10 points, no effect on PP blood sugar has been noted so far.I don't know the reason. So I don't rely much on methi seeds, it can be combined with diet and exercise but it cant be a cure for diabetes.
8. Other foods- Wheat, Rice, Sugar, Milk, chicken and meat and several other products I tried in my diet keep spiking up my blood sugar.
9. Low carb high fat diet- low carb means real zero carb diet for example - lentil soup or tomato soup prepared at home- adding butter to the soup helps in keeping hunger control but very less drop in pp and fasting- just 10 points- I will continue with this diet for couple of weeks.