1. Diabetics should not eat sweet fruits.
There are no prohibited fruits for people with diabetes. Portions, however, can be limited in a few cases. Whole fruits (instead of juices, for example) should be prefered, because they have more fibre and therefore reduced glucose absorption rate.
2. Type 1 diabetes is more dangerous than type 2 diabetes.
The severity of diabetes does not depend on the type. Both type 1 and type 2 diabetics can have good quality of life. Type 1 diabetics, in general, live longer with the disease, so more likely to develop diabetes aggravations.
3. Type 1 affects only children and type 2 only adults.
Although it is most common in children and adolescents, type 1 also affects adults. Type 2 is generally linked to weight gain and associated with increased cholesterol and hypertension. There has been an increase in Type 2 diabetes cases among young people.
4. Avoiding sugar is all you need to do to control your diabetes.
In addition to diet and physical activity, you might need medications to increase production or improve insulin action. You should seek an individualized treatment plan with your doctor.
5. Sexual dysfunction in diabetics is linked to insulin.
On the contrary. Insulin, when needed, controls diabetes and avoids complications like sexual dysfunction. In general, impotence in connected with badly controlled diabetes.