13. Citrus Fruits
It has been noted that one should increase the amount of citrus fruits in their diet. When diabetic people crave for sweets, they can opt for such fruits which are high in natural sugars.
• These fruits are rich in soluble fibers
• They are rich sources of vitamin C
Citrus fruits can comprise of:
• Sweet lime
Beetroot is a vegetable that is seen as a great looking vegetable to add color and richness to any dish. It is also seen as a vegetable that has many beneficial properties for the diabetic people.
• It is high in vitamin C
• Such a vegetable is high in folate
How To Prepare
• It is best to cook it by roasting them in the oven
• That brings out the natural sweetness of the vegetable
• Once the beets are cool, peel the skin away
• Roasted beets can be added to salads after cutting them into cubes or added to stews as well
15. Brussels Sprouts
Brussel sprouts are often mistaken as mini heads of cabbage and they are a close relative of the cabbage family. They are beneficial for diabetic people.
• They are low in sodium
• Brussel sprouts are free of cholesterol
• They are rich in phytochemicals
One can consume them in boiled form or sauted in olive oil. It can form part of stews, salads and as side dishes.
Do you think suffering from diabetes is the end of the world? Does it mean a lifetime of restricted food habits? That does not have to be. You will be able to lead an ordinary life if you incorporate the right food items in your diet.(american diabetics assocition )