I have been on the LCHF diet & very happy with the results. WANT TO LOW THE MEDICINE

Many thanks to the BLOG. I have been on the LCHF diet since last ten days & I am very very happy with the results. It is magic. I was taking 15 units of insulin "BASALOG" which i have stopped taking. I have also recommended this diet to three others in the family and the results are wonderful.

I have had STENTS in my heart 2 years back. Now I am advised Glycomet 3 + 850 twice a day. Januvia 100 after the breakfast. Other meicines are Nialip 500, Prolomet R 5+50, Colosprin 100, Tab Rozavel 40 and Remylin D.

I am taking all except the Insulin.

My question is now how to start lowering on my medicines gradually.

Last edited by

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • May I know your age and I presume you are Type 2.

• Dear Mr. Venkataramana,

I am 56 Years of age & am a Type II Diabetic since last 29 Years

• Can I stop taking Januvia if my numbers for BS are in range?

I dont think the debate about Januvia would be appreciated by the Doctor, but I will surely discuss with few of my doctor friends.

• Dear mr umesh

can you give details about food you did eat during whole day , starting fom morning. this will benifit readers.

manoj kumar

• I would like to follow Lchf diet. CAn you please the diet details to my mail address. sivapolymed@gmail.com

Thanking you,

Sivakumar Thiagarajan

• even i want to know about food

• This is in reply to all the friends on the Blog.

Even I had been experimenting about the Low Carb diet & was confused. Anyways I started with two eggs (boiled omelette or half/full fry) in the breakfast along with some cold cut chicken ham and sauted vegetables including onion, tomatoes,broccoli, iceberg salad leaves etc. 1 slice of bread sometimes.

For lunch again I get some green vegetables or a mix of Tinda, Ghiya & Loki prepared in Desi ghee along with a bowl of curd (full cream).

For dinner I take some vegetable soup, some fruits with low GI, Sprouts etc. The formula is that I try every green vegetable & try to make it to my taste as there is no bar to fats.

Virtually trying to get rid of grains & rice altogether. We can have the required carbs from the other products as well.

I also take a paratha made out of "chaney ka atta) i.e. Gram Flour sometimes. This is very filling and is also called MISSI ROTI. I also replace Paneer instead of eggs some days.

Please comment if I need to rectify any of the above. I would also request the other bloggers to describe the diet they take so that it would benefit all.

I wish you all happy & healthy living

Umesh

• My case is almost similar to yours. I want to know the details , quantity and schedule of foods you took as LCHF. My mail ID is sk_munjal2003@yahoo.co.in

• This is in reply to all the friends on the Blog.

Even I had been experimenting about the Low Carb diet & was confused. Anyways I started with two eggs (boiled omelette or half/full fry) in the breakfast along with some cold cut chicken ham and sauted vegetables including onion, tomatoes,broccoli, iceberg salad leaves etc. 1 slice of bread sometimes.

For lunch again I get some green vegetables or a mix of Tinda, Ghiya & Loki prepared in Desi ghee along with a bowl of curd (full cream).

For dinner I take some vegetable soup, some fruits with low GI, Sprouts etc. The formula is that I try every green vegetable & try to make it to my taste as there is no bar to fats.

Virtually trying to get rid of grains & rice altogether. We can have the required carbs from the other products as well.

I also take a paratha made out of "chaney ka atta) i.e. Gram Flour sometimes. This is very filling and is also called MISSI ROTI. I also replace Paneer instead of eggs some days.

Please comment if I need to rectify any of the above. I would also request the other bloggers to describe the diet they take so that it would benefit all.

I wish you all happy & healthy living

Umesh

You may also like...