Exercise in Diabetes: Part 6

*What time of day is best for exercising?

Don't do it with full stomach. You should exercise in the morning. Our stomach is empty, the body and mind are healthy and the air is fresh in the morning. However, if you are busy in the morning, you may do it during whole day except two hours after food. Don't bath immediately after exercise. It is best not to exercise when your insulin or diabetes pills are having their peak effect.

*If you can't exercise any day, what should you do?

It is advisable to exercise 5 days a week. If you can't do it once a week, on that day:

•Don't use lift. Climb up staircases slowly.

•Park your car or scooter away and walk down.

•Get down from a bus or railway one stop earlier and walk down.

•Play with your child or grand children.

This way, you can do lot of exercise without much efforts.

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • thank you sir for use full information

• all the six mails regarding the exercises for diabetic people are excellent. hope to get more information.

• Thanks....it really works.

I do half an hour morning walk, followed by 1 hour Yog in open air in a park.

makes the whole day lightn comfortable.

Exercise and Diet control, sure is the BEST way to control Blood sugar.

• Sir,

Thank you very much for necessary information which is very useful.

Regards

VISHWANATH IYER

BANGALURU-560098.

• I walk 4kms in40 mins with 25 mins halt in a prayer hall,5-6 days a week. Even then my pp was 303.10 days prior it was R-250. Previous day i took .5 kg of tarbuza. Could that be the reason?

• yes dear, as much I know, watermelon is one of the fruit which diabetic should avoid.

• I took "kharbuza"not "tarbuza". Is "kharbuza" also to be avoided. If so which fruits i should use? Kindly educate me.I use ragi ka atta.can that reduce B/s?

• Yoga is very good for controlling diabetes. I do yoga every day ( rather teach) for one hour including pranayama and surya namaskar. The advantage of yoga over other exercises is that it gives exercise to mind, body and soul. For this . in the Sivananda Yoga way, there are five pillars. Proper breathing, proper exercise, proper relaxation, proper diet and right and positive thinking.

• Sir

Could you please mail how can I do pranayama & Surya Namaskar?

Thanks

• Excellent information I must say.

Dr S K Kapur

• No words to appreciate for the information passing through this blog. May God Bless all those who give useful information and warnings.

• SIR,

PLEASE GUIDE WHICH ARE AYURVEDIC/DESI/NATIVE MEDICINES/REMEDIES FOR ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION. I AM 55 YEARS OLD,85KG WEIGHT. FASTING SUGAR LEVEL 145-160.PENIS NOT ERECTING PROPERLY/ ANY MACHINE/DEVICE TO HELP. ARORAJIT@YAHOO.COM

You may also like...