3 weeks of no running will I remember what to do?

It has been 18 days since my last run due to anterior tibia tendonitis. I had intended to go out last Friday to have a test run but life got in the way. Was due to go walking with a friend on Saturday but this time snow got in the way, so for the last 18 days I have slobbed out on the couch, haven't even been on the treadmill (how bad is that). I do however feel well rested and that I have done the right thing by not doing anything too soon. I am going to go out at the weekend and do a test run. My shins certainly feel better, in fact no pain or soreness at all. May even do a walk on the treadmill this evening if I get some ME time.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Hahaha..I'm sure you'll remember! I found the first run okay but I made sure I kept it very slow. The second one was a little faster and further but the third I found tough! That may have been because I was just doing circuits of the cemetery so on Saturday I went back to my usual street route, albeit the shorter version, and I managed a reasonably comfortable 20min 3k+.

I can definitely feel the lack of running but I don't think it will take too long to get back to where I was, although I do still intend to not rush it. It seems I have willpower....who knew?!

Best of luck for your first test run!!

You may also like...