Couch to 5K
52,567 members84,643 posts

W5R5.......it was tough but I did it!

Well I never, little me ran for 20 mins solid!!! Was so pleased when Laura said I'd done 10 mins as that was more than i did in one go in R2 and from then onwards it was much more pschological than physical - just kept putting one foot in front of the other and before i knew it it was all over! Unbelievable!! Felt really tired afterwards but recovered pretty quickly.I think its so important to have a decent route and to vary the route as it definitely helps to pass the time!

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Duuuuhh.....R3 that is, I'm not that keen!!!

Congratulations! It's an amazing feeling, isn't it? :-) Gayle

Well done ZipPea! It is all about getting over that mental barrier, there'll be no stopping you now :)

Thank you! I'd go and do it all again now! W6 starts Friday!

Thanks Gayle! I am just so proud of myself and looking forward to doing more and more!!

fantastic!! well done!! what a hurdle to have gotten behind you.

im very much trying the mental over physical approach when I go out- Im on run 2 of week 5 tonight :- /

oohhhhh not long now till graduation .....

keep running

ali

Good luck tonight, I'm sure it will go well! Can't even fathom the fact that I only have three weeks left of c25k, i'll definitely do the next one!

Well done, I'm hoping for the same success this coming week!

If I can do it, you most definitely can!

Thanks. I'm trying to stay positive. I definitely have more faith than when I started ;-)

You've already achieved loads so its just a case of building on thw successes so far! keep running!

Fabulous ZipPea. If you can do 20 mins, you can definately do the next couple of weeks. Hope and faith and shrug off the gremlins when they ask you stop....Karen x

Zippy by name, and zippy by nature! Well done - more than half way to graduation now! :)

You may also like...