A little bit faster, 4 weeks after graduation

Did 30 minutes of faster running today, mostly on the flat, but with one bit up a slope. About 3 weeks ago I did my first effort at going faster after graduation, and managed 18 minutes at average 7.3kph (slow for lots of people, but faster for me).

Today I did 30 minutes at average 7.6kph (4.7mph - at last, faster than I can walk!), and the first five minutes were at 8.2kph. :) Even the last 5 minutes were 7.4kph, which I was really pleased with, as my usual pace is about 6.5-6.8 kph.

Much better than my last run in the dark and cold!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations on your "steady" progress. ;-)

• Nice one! Thanks. :)

• Well done greenlegs, that's great progress in such a short time.

• Great, sounds like you are on a roll now!

• Maybe the three days rest (ahem!) since my last, not-so-good run had a lot to do with it? Very interesting though, that both of my best runs recently have been after 2 or more rest days.

• Well done. Really there is no rush to speed up - it's the fact we are out there running still that counts. Well that's what I keep telling myself anyway as I am still takign one step forward and three back since graduating.

• You're right - there really is no rush to speed up at all. It is satisfying to feel I'm making progress though!

• I agree. I am always trying to keep my pace up. Slowed right down on a long run the other day and managed to sustain a good pace throughout, with out a drop off at the end. And enjoyed the run. :)

• ^5 greenlegs, you're making great progress! :) In a lot of ways I think slow and steady is the way to go because it's giving our bodies more time to adapt to the stresses of running.

• Well done Greenlegs, whatever it is you're doing you must be doing it right. :-)

• Fantastic - well done! Isn't it satisfying to look at the numbers and see your progress :)

• Well done for increasing your speed. But just running frequently is great. My runs have had to be well spaced out now as my knee is a bit on the wobble but when I run after sensible spacing my distance and speeds seem to be a bit better.

You are the expert on you - so listen to the experts.

• Thank you all - lovely comments. :)

• Well done! The rest might have done you good!

You may also like...