5x50 Challenge (part one) update:

Day

12 5k walk

13 5k walk

14 5k run

15 5k walk

16 6k trail run + 1.5k warmup/cool down walk

17 1 hour fitball class

So I'm into week three and really getting into the stride. I loved the trail run yesterday, in the Spring sunshine, taking it nice and easy.

Today I tried fitball for the first time. It's a perfect, no-impact class which compliments running very well focusing on the core, and arms mostly.

Most days have actually taken an hour.

I have gone from feeling really tired (around day 13/14) which was expected, to feeling quite rejuvinated and full of beans, which I wasn't expecting! I'm still pinching myself that I'm doing this, but really enjoying the challenge.

I have already noticed a change in my body shape, and will measure at the end of 50 days to see if I've dropped any inches.

I have lost 2% body fat :)

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Fantastic! I'm so glad you are enjoying it as that is the most important thing :) well done!

Thank you :)

Glad it's going so well for you, and the tiredness has worn off. You're doing a grand job!

Thank you! I've got a long way to go, so I'm hoping I can beat any tiredness that will inevitaby come my way..... we'll see!

absolutely brilliant!! you're doing so well.

you're certainly keeping active!

keep us updated

ali :-)

Thanks Ali, I'll keep you updated, as long as I keep going...

Keep us updated - you are doing amazingly well.

Not sure I'd have enough time to fit all that exercise in - are you doing it in your sleep?

It's a matter of getting it done as soon as possible in the day, and making it priority. I'm hoping it will become second nature, but we'll see.

sounds like a great challenge TJ. brilliant that you are now feeling the benefits, but cant imagine finding the time to do something everyday. well done on keeping to it :)

Well done! Don't think I would have the commitment for this

Well you need tons of commitment for half marathon training! Good luck with your long one this weekend by the way x

Well done. Great to hear you are seeing changes in your body shape and feeling energised!

Some days I feel energised, some days completely knackered and questioning my sanity ;)

You may also like...