W4R1 Seems like a massive leap

Well I went out and did W4 R1 last night and does anyone else thing this is a massive leap... Seems like nealry a 50% increase in running overnight. Did my best to complete the run although some steps and a rbusy road crossing kinda help me up for a few seconds. On the flip side I guess it does mean I have plodded further and longer than I have done for decades.. :-). Just gotta be careful with those calf muscles.. I can almost feel them creak under the strain of it all. No stitches though (prob because I am going so slow).

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'm now on W5 and so far every week has seemed like a massive leap! Having said that, it has also been achievable. Well done!

• Awesome achievement and yes I thought it was a huge leap, but I did it too. :-) Good luck for the next run. We can do this. :-)

• Cheers for the positive comments guys, think the steady pace is what is needed... I'll worry about speeding up a bit later one. :-)

• Slow and steady seems to be the key. :-)

• Well did my second run yesterday and felt it was a little easier than W4R1. I did however have to ease off in teh last minute or two due to a message from the left calf muscle of the 'don't push you luck sonny'. Lets see what tomorrow brings..!! Deffo feeling it a bit this week as the muscles are aching a little which is suggesting effort requriements are increasing..