B210k W4R2

Hurrah!! I did actually manage to get the second big run in this week and on time. Aiming for weeks 4 and 5 over this fortnight to get me up for the Week 6 runs 3 x 60 minutes. The most encouraging part is that it seems to get easier (without being easy) and I am finding it possible to keep a good pace even when in the past I would find it a real struggle. Several sub-5 minute kilometres makes it doubly encouraging. If I can get out on Thursday and do R3 things will definitely be looking up.

Thanks for reading and keep running.

6 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Thank you for these encouraging words and well done to you. I'm stuck in week 2 because of illness. I just hope that I can pick up where I left off.

• You will. Just get past that and pick up at a point you feel you can manage. It won't matter in the ling term. Good luck.

• Ah James! I am so pleased for you! I hope to start running again soon. I drove up to Harrow from Poole on Monday, as my husband had an appointment at Hammersmith Hospital and wasn't well enough to drive at all. It was in a blizzard most of the way, but we got to Harrow at the planned time. I was really worried how my knee and back would stand up to it, but all ok. I must admit to reluctance to running in this cold weather-makes me cough at the best of times. I really have to get going again.

You are doing so well, my friend-Keep on Running :-)

Colette x

• Good to hear from you again Colette. Hope you get back running again soon. Keep well.

James

• well done. sounds like you are really enjoying the plan. how are you finding running the long sections with only a minute break? I found it hard to start back up again when I did it :)

• I feel pretty used to the 18:1 intervals as they call them. I am less tired than I was and seem to find the energy again when I know I am getting towards the end of a run. As I am also using the Endomondo app to track my run I get a good idea of the big picture and can push a bit garder to reach a better distance before each break. It's pretty basic psychology applied to myself!

You may also like...