Week 4 Run 1 - Done!

Despite everyone's encouragement I still wasn't 100% convinced I could do it. But I did! It wasn't easy, I really felt like I was pushing myself but not so far that I couldn't do it.

I made a point of going slow and keeping to that pace, I was more interested in finishing than going fast but I've worked out that I did half a mile in 5 minutes so I was going at about 6mph which is quite respectable I think at this stage?

I thought about trying a sprint at the end after Laura said I only had a minute left, but by the time I'd talked myself into it, it was the time to stop (and I wasn't about to do extra today!) Still, I have runs 2 and 3 to work on that!

If I stick to alternate days I'll be running 20 continuous minutes next Sunday! I can't wait!

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • See! This programme really works! 6mph sounds more than respectable to me, old slowcoach that I am (my 'running' in the snow yesterday was at a mere 3mph!) it's all relative. Though depending on your age/overall fitness, you might find you'll want to go even slower for the longer runs - 6mph is almost at the 5k in 30 minutes pace, which lots of people don't get to by the end of c25k (or maybe ever!) But you might be fine - you're the best judge of what your body can do.

Really well done! :)

• Oh wow well done! I'm so glad it went well despite you being a bit nervous, I still get nervous now but at least I have stopped fretting about needing a wee lol.

That speed is amazing but like greenlegs says remember to take it easy if and when you need to. At this stage it's better to finish with a bit left in the legs as it helps recovery but yes you know your body best.

Enjoy your success!

• I'm pleased it went well for you. Personally I think I found the first run of week 4 the hardest mentally so hopefully it will be onwards and upwards from now on!

• Well done! I've just completed W4R2. Got about half way into it and the rain came down. It crossed my mind that I might pack it in, but by then I couldn't get any wetter so I just stuck to it; felt easier than W4R1 too. I now remember that wet jogging bottoms are really nasty to wear and are cold, claggy and heavy so I have just ordered a pair of Ron Hill running trousers; with my figure I will definitely have to stick to running in the dark in those!

You may also like...