Couch to 5K
52,742 members84,853 posts

Week 4. Run 1

Wow I ran for 5 minutes! 🤗😃🤗😃🤗😃🤗 Apparently 16 minutes in all. It is amazing to think at the start of January 60 seconds was too long and I was out of puff after, and now when the lovely Sarah Milligan tells me I only have 1 minute left of my 3 minute run it feels doable! 5 minutes wasn't easy but it wasn't a complete struggle either. I love this. I'm so chuffed I did 5 minutes. I can now sign up for my virtual 2k or 5k run in April and raise some money for Kicks count too. 🤗🤗😊😊

19 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done you- it’s an absolute buzz isn’t it! X

1 like

Yep! X

There you go Claire, of course you can do it....good fun innit? 😊

Me thinks you’re getting the bug girlie 😜

Keep it up, you’re doing fantastically well 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

1 like

Thank you. 😊 I really am!

1 like

Yay, well done! Addiction looms!

2 likes

Well done!!! I absolutely LOVED W4R1! I was on cloud 9 after running 5 minstwice! Best of luck for R2👍

1 like

That's what I feel like, I've been buzzing all day 😊😊 x

3 likes

That’s awesome! I love reading these posts as I can’t imagine how I’ll manage the weeks ahead but I’m determined!! It’s great to see others achieving what they didn’t think they would do- it inspires me massively!!

2 likes

Hello. I love I'm inspiring you lol. I'm inspired by others ahead of me too! In a few weeks it'll be you doing this post inspiring someone new. 😊 I'm loving it x

2 likes

I've got W4R1 tomorrow so your post is very timely for me. I'm looking forward to it even more now.

1 like

You can do it Joe. Each week is preparing you for the following week. I do believe come March I will be running 5K. Keep at it. 👍

Perfect timing! Enjoy it. The buzz I had at running 5 minutes is still with me at the end of my day! 😊 x

On week 4 too. Go Claire!! 👍🏼

1 like

We'll be on week 9 before we know it! X

1 like

As each week goes by I think to myself I can do this. I have got the running bug and enjoy it. We can do it. 👍

2 likes

Yes I'm trusting it too. 3 minutes wasn't so hard but last week it was tough. It is amazing how quickly we make progress. 😊 x

1 like

Well done. Your post reflects how I felt yesterday on doing W4R1. There is something so true about the programme! Good luck with the forthcoming weeks.

1 like

You're the same week as me - and that's just how I felt too! (And I have Sarah too). I've just done Week 4 run 2, and the 5 minutes was still tough, but it felt great to have done it! Great cause too - well done x

1 like

Thank you. I love Sarah, she's fab! X

You may also like...