Lapsed runner!

Well I havent run for a while now not because I dont want to . At first things to do at home got in the way and now the weather!

Cant wait to see the back of the snow! I know I could go to the gym however by the time I have negotiated my way over the impacted and slippery paths home from work I cant be bothered to go out again- lazy I know!

As soon as the paths are clear of snow hopefully next week if the the weather reports are to be believed (we are due a large amount of rain). Dont really like rain either but preferable to snow any day. Anyway enough of my gripes will have to build up my running slowly again like I did after xmas.

2 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • I know what you mean. I haven't run for a week now, despite buying myself some trail shoes, I didn't feel that they would stop my from slipping on an icy path. I quite like running in the rain, there are fewer people in the park when it's raining, less people to see me panting my way round!! I also took time off over Christmas but it's surprising how quick it all slots back into place - you have to remind yourself of your reasons for doing Couch to 5k in the first place and also remind yourself of how much less fit you will be in a years time if you don't get back out there. Look forward to reading your next post, and how good that run felt.

• Hi Secretrunner

My first run after xmas was to the 5K+ stamina podcast and I managed 30mins although it was hard work on the calves!. At the moment I am just managing to run twice a week and have entered Race for Life on 30 June in Leicester as a motivation and a challenge as the last time I did it was 9 years ago and ran/walked it so would like to run the whole way this time.

You may also like...