(Nabbed from the Run Balmoral Facebook page)
10 Reasons snow is useful to runners:
1. The extra reflected light helps motivation
2. Running in deep snow stretches muscles you never knew you had.
3. You will never get lost, just re-trace your footsteps
4. Need an icepack, need I say any more?
5. No need to worry about sole cushioning with this underfoot
6. Your new running shoes will stay white!
7. People won't think you are mad any more; they will know.
8. You don't have to worry about your PB. The snow slowed me down.
9. You will feel like an extreme runner
10. Stay out long enough and the path will be dug when you get home :)....ooops, sorry dear.
Re no. 7, I remember when three runners - one in shorts - passed us when we were enjoying a walk in the snow to a local high spot a couple of years ago and thought they were bonkers! flickr.com/photos/swan-scot...
Now, I can't wait to join them!