Good Afternoon, so I've been coming to the site almost daily as the community of runners which I once thought were a bunch of miserable people are in fact so lovely! I am on week 6 now of the c25k and I think I am addicted to running. I had heard of the c25k before and in fact done it for a couple of weeks a couple of years ago and just gave up don't ask me why I can't give a valid reason. Around 7 weeks ago i was talking to one of my friends on facebook, she had done a marathon last year and was quite inquisitive about the whole thing thats when she suggested c25k, so I thought why not! At the time I was going though a lot of stress in my life breakup etc which i won't bore you with but I decided I needed to do something about my life and my appearance ( i'm not an ugly duckling but you know what it's like when you gain a few pounds), knowing I am overweight but mainly wanted to get fit and get through the challenge. Now you now what my main reasons were for taking up running what were your lets share our experiences, I'm sure everyone would love to know
main benefits for me
1. Gives me a chance for alone time
2. clears my head (it's the only time I don't really have anything going on in my head when i am running)
3. I know I am bettering myself fitness, mind and body
4. I like to push myself even when I am feeling a bit tired ( it soon wakes me up!)
5. Clarity - being able to do something that I never thought was possible
6. knowing i am burning fat at the same time as keeping fit
7. the connection between other runners and cyclist ( we cant stop for a chat but a simple nod of the head or hello will suffice)
8. The open air
9. taking your feet anywhere you want to.
10. friends noticing i've been running a lot more and saying im crazy and they'd never be able to do it! ha ha ( i always tell them they can!)
I am sure there is more to it but it's more a feeling of exhileration that non runners wouldn't understand
I AM A RUNNING ADDICT AND PROUD!!!