Snow "run" this morning - thanks to new trainer!

So have decided I need a bit of extra help and have bought myself a late christmas present in the form of a personal trainer for a few sessions. Decided I need someone as well as Laura to keep me going as havent made any progress since graduating.

Anyway he is very nice - impressed with the counch25k programme and happy to incorporate into training. So with goals of skiing in April and brother's wedding in May we set off for a fitness test.

This started with a"light jog" to the track - in the snow!!! Given track was under a layer, we went into the nearest gym. I havent done much treadmill running so was a bit apprehensive - not least that he wanted me to run flat out for 12 minutes.

Anyway did it -1.6km since you are asking - so not fast but I kept going and know that if I can do that for 30 mins I will get my 5k time down!!

We then jogged home - uphill - in the snow!!!!!!! And did a series of strength tests - suffice to say my running is better than my press ups.

Anyway main point of this story is, I am back to being very motivated - I know if he hadnt been with me I wouldn't have done it (so am justified in hiring him ;-) and I am already planning my route for sunday morning run.

Hope no-one snowed in and you all have a great weekend

best wishes Sue x

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • well done Sue, keep it up! It sounds like you found your trainer at just the right time, as this snow will probably put off a few people (I'm just online buying snow joggers from sports direct at 14 quid, so I will have no excuse to stay in!). It sounds like you got your money's worth from him, he worked you hard :-D

I didn't feel like running earlier (ran yesterday), but now it's coming down thick and fast and settling well, I think I will go for a run, am just waiting for daughter to get home from school (closed early) in case she'd like to come too!

Happy (snowy) running!

• to be fair we were out first thing when only a light dusting - would not want to be in it now - am hugely impressed with your snow joggers!! I am going to have to hike up to school to get my boy though - thinking about taking the sledge as they will have been in all day :-)

Happy running to you too!

• Get you, superstar Sue with your personal trainer!! ;) Hope he is hunky to distract you from the press ups!!! :D Sounds great though and a wonderful way to get re-motivated, well done!

My yaktrax are dusted off and waiting to get an airing in the snow - it will be a great experience, I hope! :O

Sue x

• he is at least 15 years younger than me - the main motivation

is that I am too embarrassed to give up!! ;-)

• Sue beat me to it! That was my question as well! I hope you get to enjoy some eye candy with all that working out! ;-) Well done Sue!! Gayle

• thanks Gayle but see above ;-)

• Hahaha!! :) We are just toooo alike Gayle. You sure we are not related???!! ;) :D

• Could be!!! :-) if not, I'll claim ya!! :-) Here in the States, when an older woman finds a younger man, she is referred to as a cougar. I'm a cougar! ;-) you girls have discussed something in the past that has me confused. Something about looking/dressing mutton? Or like a lamb????

• I know you are a cougar young lady! ;) Good on ya I say..... My OH is 9 years older, what does that make me I wonder??!! :O Maybe dont answer that.........!!!!! :D

The expression "mutton dressed as lamb" or just "mutton" means an older woman dressing younger than her years, I suppose in the style of her daughter, which can be very embarrassing to others. Its a pretty derogatory term.....

Sx

• Good for you treating yourself to the personal trainer. It will be good to get a training programme tailored to your abilities .

You may also like...