I'm back and boy does it feel good

I've been suffering from a selection of this season latest must have bugs....they've been horrible and meant that since the beginning of December I've only managed to get out 4 times

:( Well after suffering for so long I actually paid a visit to the doctor (why didn't I do this sooner) and got some anitbiotics and this morning I woke up feeling good! Woo hoo!!!

So I decided to go out and see how I got on...plotted a route before I went which meant if I was struggling I could amend the plan and knock a mile off. Won't say it was easy but it did feel good to be back out there and I managed 4.5k in about 32 minutes with NO walking, so not bad. I'm quite releived I've not lost as much fitness as I thought I would have...just need to build back up to 5 miles but am sure I'll be able to do that over the next few weeks.

I now can't wait to see what 2013 brings in my running journey....I'm going to look for a few 10k races and then maybe towards the end of the year aim for 10 miler.

Happy running...........

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Woohoo - that's great news Ali - glad to hear that you're feeling better and that you've kept most of the form you had.

I too gave in on Friday and went to the Docs for some antibiotics and this is the first morning I haven't woken up like the hacking snot monster from the green lagoon! So, all being well, I shall be joining you in spirit for my first run tomorrow in over a month!

Happy running, indeed!

• Glad you are starting to feel better too...these bugs have been horrible!

• Great news, glad you're feeling better and it hasn't set you back too far :-)

• Welcome back, Ali. It sounds as though you've had a horrible time of it. I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time at all! :)

• so many people with this dreaded lurgie! ali, glad to have you back. tis great that you havent lost any fitness ~ youll be back up to 5miles before you know it. good luck :) shelley x

You may also like...