What got me started on c25k - i thought of this whenever I struggled

I just wanted to post a video link which really inspired me when I was thinking about doing c25k and thought I couldn't manage it, that I was too into my middle years, too bulky around the middle and just too damned embarrassed to get out there in running gear.

So this is for anyone else starting out bravely fully of new year resolution.

I hope you'll find it helpful - I watched it back again after graduating and found it just as moving to see this man's story

c25k.com/ben_video.html

23 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Inspires me to get back out there, once my lungs have recovered from this latest asthma episode :-)

• I needed a good cry today! Such a touching testimony of just taking that first step. Thank you so much for sharing...just beautiful! :-) Gayle

• glad i'm not the only one that cried....inspiring story

• Wow! Truly inspirational and such a great ending, or beginning, really, of a new life.

Thank you for posting it.

If Ben can....we all can.

• Awesome, I don't normally use this word, but it truly is. What an inspirational video.

• That was lovely, such an inspiration to us all..... I didn't expect to be so moved by that but I'm with Gayle, Thank you for sharing :) Sharyn

• Thank you for posting this. Very inspiring.

• Parkbirdy, Thanks for that link. How inspiring is that!! Should be required watching for everyone thinking of starting out. Want to show it to so many people. Thanks.

• Wow, sobbed all the way through that! Inspired me to push on and break 10k...and more!!

Thanks for posting ??

• It gets me every time -- and gets me out there on a cold or rainy morning.

• Wow thanks for that! I have no excuses...

• Thank you. Just wonderful.

• Have just seen this video what an amazing transformation. It just shows what one can do if you try although you have to want to do it for yourself rather than someone telling you that you must do this and that to get the weight off. Thanks for posting this looking forward to my run this afternoon now.

• Beautiful. And the last caption is perfect "If you want to do it, all you have to do, is do it."

It actually is that simple.

• absolutely! I think that caption sums up everything in life...love it

• Wow that is so moving and inspiring thank you for sharing. Just shows what can be achieved if you are committed :-)

• Thanks, that's just the inspiration I was looking for to get me back off he couch after Christmas. X

• wow, thank you so much for sharing this, just goes to show that you really can do anything if you want it badly enough!

• OH WOW! Can't THANK YOU enough for sharing that! Now THAT'S the visual that will be in my brain as I brave a high temp of 20 degrees tomorrow for my run... :D

• I just read that Ben wrote a book, released Dec. 2012 called Do Life. I hope its as inspirational as the video!!! Gayle

• Thank you

• Thank you so much parkbirdy for leaving this - I haven't run since the first week of December with a million excuses. I've saved this to my favourites and I plan to go out first thing tomorrow and get back on track. so thank you x

• wow what a story! very inspiring and just the thing (when you've stopped crying) to get out there and keep on trying!

You may also like...