Opening the zip file to get it onto mp3 player... frustration is an understatement!

Hi folks.

i have spent 2 hours trying to get the files into a state that will work on my mp3 player (not an ipod). they will only download as zip files then they wont extract to find the mp3. if i put them on my mp3 as a zip file they dont play of course.

i havent even started this damned thing and i want to give up but i cant because i actually went out and bought the blasted mp3 player specifically for this.

not in the best mood because of all this faff...

tech savvies, please help!!!!

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • How have you tried unzipping them?

I know it can be very frustrating trying to unzip things, as I spent a good while trying to do the same for files I wanted to look at for my garmin earlier this afternoon. I used a free thing, JustZIPit. I don't think I had any trouble with the c25k files though.

Don't give up though - it is such a good programme.

• i may not be steve jobs but i know how to unzip a file. it is that it wont let me unzip them. i cant unzip them. i cant change the file format to create a wma file. i cant do anything.

i cant give up... you have to be able to start something to be able to give it up!

it will just have to wait until i can possibly use a different PC and try that. failing that i will just have to accept that i have wasted the little money i have on trainers and an mp3 player.

• I know how to unzip a file too, but I couldn't unzip the ones I was after this afternoon! Where have you downloaded them from? I think you can find them in various different places online? I think (can't quite remember now) I tried to download them from one place (maybe here???) but couldn't get them to work, and then got them from itunes (which took me ages because I hardly ever use itunes and got totally lost in the system for ages).

Sorry if that's no help at all - just trying to offer something that might work.

• If you can unzip other files, but not these ( just checking!) you must double check the size of the zip files. In case the download failed and you only got damaged archives. If they are even a few kilobytes smaller they will not unzip.

Can you tell what is the error you are getting?

• the error message says something about inserting the last disk.

does anyone know where i can download the same program from somewhere else also for free? maybe that could work....

• i found an alternative one on another site. not the best music but it will suffice for now.

• Hmmm the error sounds like you are trying to unzip a multi-volume archive ( meaning that the original file was split into at least 2 ( or more) volumes ) and you need to have all of them in one folder to sucessfully unzip.

where did you get your zips from?

If you are using XP or Windows 7 you must be able to unzip the file by right clicking it and saying extract.

I always use program called WinRar, which I think is free to try for 40 days, and I do try it thoroughly....lol

• I got them off itunes, but they were free (the NHS ones).

You may also like...