My running year!

Hi all!

I started running in Feb 2012 with a friend. I had watched my brother and son go for a new year's run from our house, and thought - Could I do that? Do I need to pay £50 per month to the gym?

My friend found Couch25k and off we went. Managed to get my badge by June but then injured my back and couldn't run for a few weeks. Then began from the beginning again! I'm now back running 5k (just!) and thoroughly enjoying myself. It's definitely part of my life now. Not bad for a previous non-runner of 62.

So, on New Year's Day I shall be out for a run. Strangely enough, my son has hurt his shoulder and my brother has a trapped nerve, so I may be on my own!!!

Happy New Year to you all

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU! We are planning a New Tears day run also! Wishing you a successful and running-full 2013! Gayle

• Am I a wimp for not fancying a New Tears Day run... hahahaha?

• What a difference a year makes! So glad for you that you will be out there on January 1st, congratulations on a year spent running!

• You are an inspiration! Doing the programme twice - impressive. Enjoy your New Year's Day run. :)

• I think you should have a double graduate status happy new year

You may also like...