Couch to 5K
76,701 members β€’ 108,179 posts

New Year's Day park run

Anyone else running a New Year's Day parkrun tomorrow? Seems like a great way to start the new year 😊 I am going to do a gentle jog with little dog - not aiming for speed or PBs this time, just want to run to have fun. Happy New Year's running all! πŸ€—πŸƒπŸŽ‰

14 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

I don’t think I can stay up that late these days πŸ˜‚

Have a great run... relaxed pressure off running is a great way to start the year.

1 like

πŸ˜‚ Thanks UNM

Start strong! (another garmin badgeπŸ˜€). Enjoy your run. I'm volunteering at our parkrun tomorrow - so moderate indulgence is still on the cards for this evening 🍾🍾🍾. I may do a little off-plan 1k after volunteering (just to get the aforementioned garmin badge πŸ˜‚). Happy running.

2 likes

Well volunteered! Ooh a nice badge for me too, even better! 😁

1 like

Yep, doing one of the virtual Strava NYRR races tomorrow πŸ˜ŠπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ

1 like

Cool - happy running! 😊

1 like

Of course! And it’s a double! Plus volunteering at the second, mahoosive brownie points.....πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ’ͺ😎......celebrations to follow later....πŸΎπŸ’ƒ

Happy parkrunning!

Mx

2 likes

Yay! Happy running/volunteering! 😁

1 like

I am, off to a different one than my usual one, as I'm interested in running a one lap rather than my usual multi-lap parkrun.

I'd forgotten about the garmin badge, thanks for the reminder!

Happy New Year!

2 likes

Yes a one-lapper is so much nicer, enjoy! 😊

1 like

Yes my first parkrun and week 8:1 It’s a 50 mile round trip so I hope it’s a good run for me 🀞

1 like

Wow that's a big drive! You will love it, have a fab time! 😊

Hi Mutley, yes, I planned in a Park Run so had an early night and limited alcohol! Feeling very virtuous and hangover free even though I didn't get a very good time - just getting out there and doing it was great, though, a good start to the year!

1 like

Well done Amerynthe! I just did a slow trot with little doglet today but enjoyed having no pressure - it was a great atmosphere and lots of dogs and buggies today πŸ˜ŠπŸƒπŸΎ

You may also like...