Are you about to do week 9 this Christmas week?

After a few setbacks, minor injuries and life getting busy - I find myself finally on the brink of week 9. I'm planning to fit the first run in early on Christmas Eve, and the last by next Sunday.

I know many people have said this before me - but I can't believe I've got this far. I've been happy to do it on my own - but it now feels funny to be limbering up to cross the magic line alone. Afterwards park runs beckon, and I've signed up for a charity 5k. My running buddy and I will finally get to do some runs together.

But I wondered if there was anyone else out there who's planning to brave the rain, the wind and the cold this week in order to graduate. I like the idea of a silent team of dogged and determined runners - each one completing their own journey - but all over the UK crossing the final line as part of an invisible team.

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done, I will be doing week 8 so not far behind you. I hope to complete my graduation run first week of the new year. Hope this week goes well for you. I like the thought of all the other invisible fellow graduates. Merry Christmas, good luck and all the best for the new year.

• Fingers crossed - but it's only a couple of minutes more each week. It's exciting after the slog of the middle weeks. You'll be able to give big encouraging smiles to all those new year resolution runners. I want to run in my local park with the tshirt on - although really I'd need a sign saying if I can do it anyone can

• Hi

I'm graduating this week too! Ran W9R1 yesterday! Managed to dodge the rain too! That was my first run in 10 days as I've been off running with a cough and sore throat! It was so good to get out there again! I should graduate on Boxing Day!

I'm so excited and can't wait to graduate! Good luck with your running this week!

• Enjoy every moment of the last stretch - imagine all the other week 9ers cheering you on! I'll be just a few days behind you. While millions are still on the couch - we'll be out with the runners. I know when I get to last stretch I'll want to mo-bot and run around the park shouting I've done it - but people might think I'm crazy so that might have to wait til I'm back in my kitchen. Good luck - invisible team Christmas right behind you!

• Good luck on your graduation week, what a great present to your self. Personally I'll be joining some of the others from these forums on the Virtual challenge that has been set up on Endomondo as a way of motivation myself to get up off the couch.

couchto5k.healthunlocked.co...

• I will graduate tomorrow (well I guess as its past midnight... Today!!!). Christmas Eve graduation present for myself :)! I can't wait, but I have to admit I'm a little scared of what happens next? What will I do without guidance?

Good luck with your last couple of runs. I might treat myself to a mince pie after tomorrow's run (I have managed to avoid them up until this point as I'm trying to lose weight).

Look how far you have come :).

Merry Christmas!!

X

• Hope all went well - what a good way to start Xmas. I got week 9 r1 under my belt.

It was one of those days when my legs felt like lead - but kep going.

Congratulations - an a happy running new year!

• Yes, I'm going to do my final run tomorrow - cant wait!!

• Hey - hope it's a fantastic run for yoy. I'm glad to be finishing now - just before the new year starts. I think it will be a massive high - and I really want to keep it up. I'm worried it might feel a bit odd afterwards - so might have to be brave enough to try a park run soon. in the meantime Boxing Day means week 9r2 for me.

At least I'll be starting 2013 having done one of 2012's resolutions :)

• hi just completed week 9 run 2 determined to graduate! so proud of myself not only running in Christmas week but working all week too,

• i completed week 9 in christmas week, Delighted to have graduated!!

• Fantastic - amazing feeling isn't it ? Here's to starting 2013 as a runner - I've signed up for a charity 5k in acoue of months - and aiming in the meantime to use 5k+ podcasts to actually get to 5k in 30 mins. Good luck fellow Xmas graduate!

You may also like...