Don't run before you can walk! (or W5r3 in the ice)

I am very chuffed to say that I have just finished w5r3!!!! Woke up feeling excited and raring to go, did my stretches, grabbed the dog and off I went :-) my brisk 5 minute walk started well until I made the mistake of saying hello to someone which meant I lost concentration and went flying after walking on some black ice. Sooo funny (I heard the other bod chuckle too), but I wasn't deterred.

After this mishap I successfully made it onto the beach and ran, took it 5 mins at a time and before I knew it 20 minutes was over and I'd done it :-)

Hope everyone else has had a great day today!!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'm glad to hear you had a good run. I like the taking it 5 mins at a time idea. Was just contemplating what week 5 will bring for me next week. Good luck for week 6! Tricia

• Thanks! It's a great feeling having done it, definitely the biggest challenge so far but worth it

Heather

• Well done Heather! Enjoy that feeling of running for 20 mins; it really is a milestone on your journey!

Glad you didnt hurt yourself after your fall....not like me yesterday and that wasnt even due to ice!!

Best of luck for week 6. Sue

• Wonderfully done, hevskii!! Look at you...running for 20 minutes!! Now that is what I call progress!! The end of W5...that means that you are now over halfway!! Well done!!!

Keep Running!! :-)

Steve

• Well done hevskii !!! I completed my 20 minute run today, and adopted a similar approach in biting off 5 minute chunks. I try to distract myself so that when Laura chips in every 5 minutes its a pleasant surprise to know that you've completed another quarter of the run.

• Thanks everyone for your great comments! It's like a little mental hug every time I read these blog posts :-)

You may also like...