Just a short running anecdote

I was in the supermarket yesterday using the self check out for the few items I had when I realised that I'd left my wallet in the car. I asked the young lady if she would just keep my till active while I went to fetch the wallet.

I always park as far away from the shop as I can, where other people don't want to park so that no one parks right next to me (I'm fussy about my car and scratches, it's my only OC trait honest). Anyway, I ran to the car and back to collect my wallet and when I got back the girl mentioned how quick I'd been.

10 weeks ago I wouldn't have even entertained the idea of running to the car but now I can do it without even being breathless. Am I odd ? Well yes, I probably am, but does this episode make me sound particularly odd ?

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That is brilliant!

• Nah your not odd, your just like me - - a bit forgetful but a heck of a lot fitter too ;)

• not odd at all - agree with Oldgirl ;-)

• Isn't it amazing how far we come in 10 weeks? :-)

It may not sound like a lot to some people, but I think that it is quite a change and something to be proud of!!

Keep Running!! :-)

Steve

• It's the little things like that isn't it that remind you how much fitter you are. For me it's the improved recovery time after trekking up the 4 flights of stairs to my office! :)

• not odd at all Chewy! Just another example as to how far you've come and I love it!!

little steps... big improvements!!

:-)

• The running back to the car isnt odd chewy, but as for the car and parking thing, well thats a different matter entirely.....!!!

No seriously, its great how our mind set has changed towards things like this and our bodies too! Its all good!

• Yeah it's the absence of breathlessness while you run that is so cool. I can hardly believe it either!

You may also like...