Week 5 run 3 - done, oh yes!

Went out in my new shoes feeling v nervous and distinctly not sure I could do this seemingly impossible run. The shoes definitely helped - like having sprung feet! But more than that what made the difference was believing what Laura said - that I'd trained for this so could do it. And I did - and it wasn't a bad experience at all - I even enjoyed some of it!! Listen all you folk who are unsure about whether this is just a run too far - if I (45, asthmatic, very overweight, professional exercise avoider) can do this then so can you! Best feeling ever. Here's to week 6!

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Woo hoo what a wonderful achievement, well done, you should be proud :-)

• That is awesome! Go you!

• Well done fittervic, it's a great feeling isn't it. I too did the same run this morning and knew it was more of a mental hurdle than a physical one. I also took Laura very literally telling myself that i could do the run because i had got this far and she was right. Good luck for week 6, bring it on!!

• Well done Secretrunner - great to get to this stage - good luck for week 6 too - we can do it!

• Well done Secretrunner - great to get to this stage - good luck for week 6 too - we can do it!

• Well done Fittervic! I love hearing the successes from people doing the weeks I have yet to get to. You help to inspire others like me.

• Keep going, Leyther1 - you'll soon be here too!

• Keep going, Leyther1 - you'll soon be here too!

• Superbly done!!! You have passed the halfway point!

Look in front of you...can you see it out there??? Do you see it???? I do...I see a shiny green badge right out there for you to run to!! :-)

Keep Running!! :-)

Steve

• Thanks Steve - still can't quite believe the green badge will be mine but each run brings it closer!

• Well done Fittervic and thank you! I've also just done my week 5 run 3 and had read your words only half an hour before. When Laura told me I had run 10 minutes, I thought of you and all that you had said and finished the run with relative ease compared to my week 3 run 2!

I was a heavy smoker 4 months ago, now an ex-smoker and look what I can do with my lungs now thanks to this program and the support of this forum!!

• Well done Duck Feet (love the name, by the way)! Excellent - really glad what I wrote helped you. It's great to get to this milestone isn't it? Brilliant that you've managed to give up smoking too - that's an immense achievement in itself. Keep going - we can do it!

You may also like...