1 Run left before Graduation - Ran too far last night!

Hello All,

Well last night I did Week 9 Run 2. I decided to listen to my own music for the first time as I find the music so important for motivation and was struggling with the podcast ones. I should have checked properly the lengths of songs and when to stop though. I ended up running for an extra 2-3 minutes in order to make sure I finished it. I should have put my watch on! Aah well, at least I know I can run further if I want!

I was poorly a few weeks ago and missed a few runs but got back onto it asap. It feels amazing to now be at this stage. I'm doing around 5.7km per run which I just never thought possible. It's such an amazing feeling. I love that I can get out and cover all that distance and come home - it makes me feel so refreshed. Don't get me wrong, it's bloomin hard work too! Last night I recovered quicker afterwards but definitely struggled at times throughout. If I find I'm thinking too much about stopping I just try and refocus my mind.

So one more run then I'm done :-) I'll have to think what to do after!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Wow, that's an awesome distance (and therefore speed too). Well done, specially for keeping going after being poorly.

Enjoy your graduation run, I look forward to seeing it very soon.

• Amazing distance, you must be brimming over with excitement! Well done and roll on graduation

• Thanks guys. I am very excited for sure! I've even got my boyfriend involved now... he's about to start week 2! It must certainly be motivating to watch someone complete something like this. I know that's why I started.

Rest day today and graduation run tomorrow night :-)

You may also like...