I am the Queen of SLOW (self appointed) and a challenge

First up I'll 'fess up to not having been running for a while. I injured my calf in July rested two weeks and then went back to week 6 run1. Was fine until I failed w6 run 3 ... found my calf was OK with run walk intervals with up to 10 min running but objected strongly to anything longer than 15 min running continuously. I started running intervals 5 run 1 walk x 4 or 5 but without Laura to push me ..... I can't believe its been 8 weeks that I've fallen off the wagon but I might just be back on now.

Yesterday my daughter DRAGGED me out to the Parkrun that only two months ago I had been waxing lyrical about. She was finally free to have a go and needed a lift. If I was there I might as well take part...

She came in with a very respectable 33 min

My result was spectacular in its own peculiar way: 980th out of 981 with a time of 51:05

Not my worst (53:30) or my best (41:41) but at least I did it and ENJOYED it. The weather was lovely and the enthusiasm catching. So what if I walked most of it? I did run some of it. Why did I stop?

I AM the queen of slow but I don't mind cos I'm really looking forward to next Saturday's park run.

In the mean time I'm going back to the beginning and doing w1r1 on monday..

A CHALLENGE: Someone usurp me with a slower "official" 5K time

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Well done for getting out there and doing parkrun. :) That's a huge field! I've only been to parkrun once (week 7, didn't complete it) and there were only about 20-30 participants. I'm sure I would have 'beaten' your time if I'd persevered, but I would have been a good 15 minutes behind the next slowest and I didn't want to keep people waiting around for little old me. I'm hoping to try parkrun again some time soon, but will go somewhere with a few more entrants so I'm not quite so far behind. ;)

You may also like...