Out of sync

My last run was not what I was expecting. I started out on my brisk warm up and then my iPod stopped at the end of the track I was playing. I thought it was odd but decided I had it on another setting. When I checked it had run out of battery. I didn't have another slot to run so just decided to go anyway. Idid a route I do quite often and know well so I knew when to start running, I usually do 4k and if my body lets me I will go on but it doesn't happen too often. I started running where I would normally but I kept stopping (about 3 times) for a rest. I was cross with myself because I didn't have those comforting remarks and how far I've gone and keep going in my ear I was being the old mrs lazy and having a not deserved rest.

I did have my phone with me and timed by run around the lake for a rough idea as to how long it took me and it took 22 minutes and normally it would take me about 30! On looking back I think without the Music I went too fast and got out of breath then needed to stop. I continued this run walk until I had done at least 4 k. I rely heavily on the beat of the music.

I have looked for a jogging album but they are all too fast, I get a bit bored of the same music all the time.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Have you looked at jog.fm? It's a website where you input your 'per km' time and it'll suggest music which suits your running speed? That might help.

• WOW! I have been dreaming of a way to get music to suit my pace, thanks so much.

• Oh wow, that's great thank you for that I will have a look.

• What a great idea!

You may also like...