W9R3: IT IS FINISHED!!!

FINALLY!!! FINALLY!!! It took me at least 20 weeks to finish but I am here now!!! Seems like I had so many set backs: numberous sinus infections, runners knee, a couple of stomach viruses courtesy of my toddlers. But, by the grace of God I hung in there!! And I am offically registered to run my first 5k run on October 6th.

So how do I get my badge? Better later than never!! :-)

15 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations!! Very well done :)

• Thank you!! I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. I"m telling everyone I talk to! LOL!

• Hi Stephy,

did you find that the running made your sinus problems worse/more frequent than normal?

I've had mild sinus problems for years but it seems much more frequent since starting the programme.

• I have done most of my running outside and I'm afraid it made it worse. :-( But I hoping it will get better in the fall/winter. I have most of my issues in the spring/summer.

• Well done :) I believe you message JR21, thats what I've done anyway, i graduated yesterday :)

• Thank you very much!! And congratulations on your graduation as well!!

• Congratulations on your graduation :)

• Thank you!!!

• Brilliant! I think it's even more brilliant cos you battled with the difficulties and still got through. Happy running!

• Thank you, Suki_007!! That is very encouraging!!

• Well done, you well and truly deserve that jubilant feeling :-)

• WELL DONE! oooh your post has made me so happy...I just failed at week 6 run 3 and felt a bit despondent, like I'm falling behind, though I am determined to keep going. And you've done just that and succeeded. Makes me feel like I can do it too...thanks and best of luck with post-grad running :)

• Thank you so much!! And YES you can totally finish this program! It's okay to have to repeat a run (or in my case a few weeks worth of runs). Stickting to it is what's important. And it feels sooooooooo good to finish up that last 30 minute run. I am also asthmatic. And while my sinus issues have been bothering me throughout the running, my asthma has been stable. As a matter of fact, at my last check up a couple of weeks ago, I scored higher on my breathing test than I ever have in the past. :-) Stay encouraged and you'll have that GRADATE badge in no time!

• Ah thank you so much, I definitely will keep going...I know my lungs are getting stronger too. You must be so proud of yourself and rightly so :)

• Well done! I love these grad posts, they make me feel so happy and motivated. Every single person on this board is an inspiration xx

You may also like...